RID Lice Killing Shampoo, Step 1, 4 oz
5 in stock
Important: Read warnings before use.
Adults and children 2 years and over:
Inspect: Check each household member with a magnifying glass in bright light for lice/nits (eggs). Look for tiny nits near scalp, beginning at back of neck and behind ears. Examine small sections of hair at a time. Unlike dandruff which moves when touched, nits stick to the hair. If either lice or nits are found, treat with this product.
Treat: Apply thoroughly to DRY HAIR or other affected area. For head lice, first apply behind ears and to back of neck. Allow product to remain for 10 minutes, but no longer. Use warm water to form a lather, shampoo, then thoroughly rinse. For head lice, towel dry hair and comb out tangles.
Remove lice and their eggs (nits): Use a fine-tooth or special lice/nit comb. Remove any remaining nits by hand (using a throw-away glove). Hair should remain slightly damp while removing nits. If hair dries during combing, dampen slightly with water. For head lice, part hair into sections. Do one section at a time starting on top of head. Longer hair may take 1 to 2 hours. Lift a 1-to 2 inch wide strand of hair. Place comb as close to scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from scalp. Pin back each strand of hair after combing. Clean comb often. Wipe nits away with tissue and discard in a plastic bag. Seal bag and discard to prevent lice from coming back.
After combing, thoroughly recheck for lice/nits. Repeat combing if necessary. Check daily for any lice/nits that you missed.
A second treatment must be done in 7 to 10 days to kill any newly hatched lice. If infestation continues, see a doctor for other treatments.
Children under 2 years: Ask a doctor.
Keep carton for important product information. See Consumer Information Insert for additional information. Protect from excessive heat.
- Step 1 TREAT: Apply RID Lice Killing Shampoo according to label direction. Repeat this step 7 to 10 days later to help prevent reinfestation.
- Step 2 REMOVE: After Step 1, comb out the eggs and nits in the hair with a fine-toothed comb or with the RID patented comb (included). You can use RID Lice and Egg Comb-Out Gel on damp hair to make removal faster and easier. (Purchase separately).
- Step 3 CONTROL: Use RID Home Lice Control Spray to kill lice and their eggs on mattresses, furniture, car interiors, and other non-washable items. (Purchase separately). Wash bed linens, clothing, and other items in hot water and dry in high heat.
IMPORTANT: Read detailed directions inside before using. RID Lice Killing Shampoo will kill lice completely without leaving a chemical residue. Amount of shampoo needed will vary by hair length.
See below for guidelines (For 1 Adult/Child):
- Short (ear length or shorter):
- First application: 1 oz - 2 oz
- Second application: 1 oz - 2 oz
- Total 2 oz - 4 oz
- Medium (shoulder length):
- First application: 2 oz - 3 oz
- Second application: 2 oz - 3 oz
- Total 4 oz - 6 oz
- Long (past shoulder length):
- First application: 3 oz - 4 oz
- Second application: 3 oz - 4 oz
- Total: 6 oz - 8 oz
The patented RID comb is proven 100% effective as demonstrated in laboratory studies performed by trained testers. Individual results may vary.
Expiration Date: We have fresh stock each week with exceptional expiration dates prior to JANUARY 2021. Products will expire no later than six months to 1 year after receipt.
Product Packaging: Please note that some manufacturer may often change their packaging. This product may arrive different from what is pictured. We will always ship the most up-to-date packaging to our customers. Please contact us if you have any questions about this product or would like to request an older version of this product.
Healthcare Disclaimer: Content on this site is for reference purposes only. OTC Shoppe Express does not represent or warrant that the nutrition, ingredient, allergen and other product information on our Web or Mobile sites are accurate or complete, since this information comes from the product manufacturers. On occasion, manufacturers may improve or change their product formulas and update their labels. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our Web or Mobile sites and that you review the product's label or contact the manufacturer directly if you have specific product concerns or questions. If you have specific healthcare concerns or questions about the products displayed, please contact your licensed healthcare professional for advice or answers.
Weight: 9.47 oz